TeamViewer is a very well-known name in the customer support world but the platform is able to accomplish so much more than just support. At its basic level, TeamViewer gives users to ability to connect to the devices of others for sharing, support, and collaboration. If needed, users can also take remote control of devices to assist the user on the other end.
Using the remote connection capabilities, users can remotely print on connected devices, share files through the TeamViewer interface, install application on remote devices, and the cross-platform access allows all of this to be done from any device including a smartphone or tablet.
For collaboration and conferencing, TeamViewer gives users the ability to bring in up to 300 participants, use the whiteboard feature, interact using HD video and voice, and record sessions for later review or sharing.
Businesses that want to use the platform for customer support will enjoy the many support features built in including support queue management, comprehensive reporting, mass deployment of devices, and support ticket management.
Who TeamViewer is best for
TeamViewer offers a wide range of features that have customer support in mind as well as standard video or voice conferencing capabilities. For businesses that want to streamline their communications both internally and with their support teams, TeamViewer enables this with one sleek platform. IT departments could also benefit from using TeamViewer to connect with users within their company.
The cost of TeamViewer may make it prohibitive for some businesses that will not make use of these additional customer service features. Those that are simply looking for conferencing platforms without the extras may be better served by a more affordable option.
There is a free TeamViewer plan available but it is meant for personal use. Most businesses will likely opt for a paid plan.
- Single User: At $49 per month, one user can initiate one session at a time. This also allows for management of up to 200 devices and the other TeamViewer features like remote management, file sharing, and more.
- Multi-User: For $99 per month, multiple users can use the platform with 1 session available at a time. This plan also steps up the number of managed devices to 300.
- For Teams: $199 per month allows multiple users to have up to 3 sessions live at a time. Managed device support is increased up to 500.
TeamViewer customer support
TeamViewer offers users a deep base of support articles and resources to browse when learning the software or troubleshooting issues. In addition to the articles, there is a training academy for new users and a community forum where users can ask questions and share their own knowledge. For more personalized support, businesses are able to call TeamViewer directly or submit a ticket for follow up.
- Free plan available
- Management of customer support queues
- Simple, easy to use design
- Paid plans are costly
- Lacking some important conferencing features
- Overall: 3.75
- Features: 3
- Pricing: 3.5
- Ease of Use: 4.5
- Customer Service: 4