Monday is a collaboration tool that puts the power of customization in the hands of businesses using the platform. From basic task lists to more complex collaboration setups, Monday offers businesses a greater level of flexibility than many of its competitors.
Upon signing up, users are prompted to create their first project. Users will then create their first “pulse.” A pulse on the Monday platform is like a to-do or a task. It is given a custom title and, from there, users can add a number of additional information blocks to the pulse. For example, the pulse can be assigned to specific team members, given a status column that is updated when in progress and completed, assigned a due date, given a priority, and more.
While all of these customizations seem complicated, the layout of Monday is clean, simple, and inviting. The colorful interface makes it easy to understand the status of a project, the due date, and who is working on each individual pulse.
Third-party integrations like Excel, Google Calendar, Slack, and Dropbox give Monday even more functionality and allow the platform to integrate with the other popular productivity tools that users already make use of.
Check out our roundup of the Best Project Management Software
Who Monday.com is best for
Businesses looking for ultimate customization will appreciate Monday’s feature offerings. Users can make their project boards as simple or as detailed as they wish with complete control in their hands.
On the flip side of that, the additional customization options can add unnecessary complexities for businesses that simply want the cleanest, most user-friendly platform.
Businesses select how many users they will need to enable and then select the tier they want. The pricing below is for the lowest, 2-user plans.
- Basic – At $19 per month, businesses can have unlimited viewers, unlimited boards, 5GB of storage, one dashboard, five automations, and 24/7 support.
- Standard – The Standard plan is $32 per month and steps up storage to 50GB. Users get unlimited access to historical activity logs, calendar view, 5 dashboards, and 15 automations.
- Pro – For $48 per month, the Pro plan increases to unlimited storage and enables time tracking, custom tags, and private boards. Businesses have 20 dashboards and 60 automations.
- Enterprise – This is available by quote and offers dedicated support, one on one training, as well as unlimited boards and automations.
Monday.com customer support
All users have access to 24/7 support via phone or email with Monday. In addition, there is a wealth of information through the support page with articles and videos to help users get started with Monday. The platform also offers additional resources like webinars that users can sign up for to interact with the support team during dedicated webinar sessions.
Enterprise users can also make use of dedicated support as well as one-on-one training when getting started.
- High level of customization
- Integrated calendar for easier management
- Colorful, modern interface
- Complex pricing tiers
- Longer setup process than competition
- Overall: 4.5
- Features: 5
- Pricing: 3.5
- Ease of Use: 4.5
- Customer Service: 5