CyberGhost VPN is a powerful VPN based in Romania. It offers business owners a simple yet helpful tool to protect their traffic and identity on the Internet.
CyberGhost VPN features
Cyberghost VPN features a number of protocols, including OpenVPN, L2TP-IPsec and PPTP. With 256-AES encryption, business data will stay safe from most DNS and IP leaks.
The VPN also features an automatic kill-switch that triggers every time there’s a hiccup in Internet connection, which helps to maintain protection on data traffic.
With over 3,800 servers in 60 countries, the VPN speed is relatively fast, regardless of location. For businesses with remote and/or traveling employees, the VPN is well integrated on most mobile platforms, including Android and iOS, so data remains protected, even while on the move.
Check out our roundup of Best VPNs for Small Businesses
CyberGhost VPN offers 4 pricing tiers that vary in price based on length of service commitment:
- 1 Month Subscription – This plan costs $12.99/month, is billed monthly and comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee
- 1 Year Subscription – An annual subscription costs $5.99/ month, is billed $71.88 annually and comes with a 45-day money back guarantee
- 2 Year Subscription – This plan costs $3.69/month, is billed $88.56 every 2 years, and also comes with a 45-day money back guarantee
- 3 Year Subscription – This is the cheapest of them all and clocks in at $2.75/ month. It’s billed out at $99 every 3 years and has a 45-day money back guarantee.
Each CyberGhost VPN subscription allows users to connect to up to 7 devices at the same time.
CyberGhost customer support
CyberGhost VPN provides solid support with 24/7 live chat and a ticketing system. There’s also a robust knowledge base full of articles and tutorials that can be used for troubleshooting purposes.
The biggest drawback of CyberGhost VPN is its parent company. While the VPN is based in Romania and developed in Germany, it is owned by an Israeli company – Kape Technologies. This company is previously known as Crossrider, which has a history of distributing malware and adware.
- Good app design and layout
- 3,800 servers in 60 countries
- Support for multiple systems and platforms, including Android, iOS, Mac OS, Windows, and Linux
- Owned by a parent company with a questionable history
- Not completely “no-log,” despite their claims
- Monthly plan pricing is steep
- Overall Rating: 3.5
- Features: 3.0
- Price: 3.9
- Ease Of Use: 4.6
- Customer Service: 4.2