Weebly is an intuitive, beginner-friendly website design solution for businesses that are looking to build an online presence without breaking the bank. The drag and drop interface is simple to use and there is absolutely no coding necessary to create a professional looking website.
Weebly is not just for basic users, however. Businesses have the ability to connect e-commerce features like Square payment integration, gift cards, inventory management, and more into their website functionality. The Square payment features are an important part of Weebly as it allows businesses to manage both online and offline sales in one convenient solution using the online checkout process as well as physical Square payment terminals.
The Weebly App Center provides even more options to businesses that are looking to take their website to the next level. With apps for everything from Facebook Messenger integration to marketing tools to popup design, users can take complete control of the final product their customers will be interacting with.
Who Weebly is best for
Weebly is designed with the beginner in mind. It’s simple to add product photos to a website, enable features from the Weebly App Center, and design a custom website by starting with one of the many available templates that are desktop and mobile friendly.
This simple platform does come with its limitations as users may feel like the included templates are not customizable enough. Advanced users can rectify this by some basic HTML code edits but users without coding experience may be unable to achieve the exact appearance they hoped for.
Weebly does offer a free solution for users to begin experimenting with the editor themselves. However, businesses will likely want to upgrade to a paid plan to access more important features.
- Connect – The first tier in the paid plans is $5 per month. This plan gives users SSL security and the ability to connect a domain name.
- Pro – The Pro Plan costs $12 per month and adds to the features in the Connect Plan. Users can remove Weebly ads, get unlimited bandwidth, have access to advanced site statistics, upload HD audio and video, and begin listing up to 25 products.
- Business – The Business Plan comes in at $25 per month. This plan offers unlimited products, 0% transaction fees, a custom branded checkout page, abandoned cart tracking, and much more.
Weebly customer support
All Weebly users, including those on the free plan, have direct access to customer support. There is an active community forum with both users and employees helping others work through challenges. Live chat and email support is also available to all users regardless of what plan they choose. Moving up to the Pro or Business plan will provide phone support in addition to the other options.
- Free plan available
- Simple e-commerce integration
- Intuitive drag-and-drop editor
- Weebly ads shown on lower-tier plans
- Limited template customization options
- Can’t connect external domain name to the free plan
- Overall: 4
- Features: 3.5
- Price: 4.5
- Ease of Use: 4
- Customer Service: 4