As a leader in the industry, Squarespace claims an award-winning website design platform used by over 2 million customers. A huge advantage of this level of market reach is that Squarespace boasts many third-party integrations including Apple Pay, FedEx, Soundcloud, Twitter, and much more.
While Squarespace’s website editor is easy-to-use, even for beginner web designers, where the tool really sets itself apart is in the additional features available to Squarespace users. Custom G-Suite email addresses can be enabled for businesses to achieve a more professional presence, marketing tools like email campaigns and advertisements are easy to create, and all plans include access to important analytics.
For businesses looking to sell online, a simple e-commerce integration is an important feature to note. Not only does this integration allow businesses to sell products and collect payments but it also includes inventory management, shipping label printing, gift card support, and much more.
Who Squarespace is best for
Users with limited experience designing a website will be able to immediately start using the Squarespace website builder. There are hundreds of professional templates to get started with and they can easily be sorted based on the category of business the website is being designed for.
Advanced users with some coding experience can dig deeper into their website customization to edit the appearance and create a truly unique online experience for their business.
Squarespace has a variety of different plans available:
- Personal – For $12 per month, businesses get access to unlimited bandwidth and storage, a website optimized for desktop and mobile, 24/7 customer support, and 2 contributor accounts. Purchasing this plan on an annual basis includes a domain name.
- Business – The Business Plan, which costs $18 per month, includes all the Personal features plus unlimited contributors, professional email from Google, marketing tools like ad credits and popup support, e-commerce integration, and more.
- Basic Online Store – This option includes all business features for $26 per month plus important business tools like inventory support, shipping label printing, Instagram product support, 0% transaction fees, and more.
- Advanced Online Store – For $40 per month, the Advanced Plan adds gift card support, customer subscriptions, gift card support, and other essential tools.
Squarespace customer support
Much like other website builders, Squarespace offers a user forum, chat, and email support, as well as many support articles to browse. The addition of workshops and webinars provides even more methods for users to get support and learn how to make the most of Squarespace. For those who really want to dig in and master the platform, there are hours of content to browse.
- Large selection of professional templates for both web and mobile
- Customer support includes videos, webinars, guides, and workshops
- Wide range of supported features
- A free trial is available
- E-commerce pricing is higher than many competitors
- Template layout doesn’t respond well to all photo and video sizes
- Overall: 4.75
- Features: 4.5
- Pricing: 4.5
- Ease of Use: 5
- Customer Service: 5