Shopify is one of the most well-known e-commerce website building solutions available on the market today. With hundreds of thousands of businesses using the Shopify platform, new users have the advantage of using a tried, tested, and true platform with plenty of third-party support through the Shopify App Store. These apps include email marketing solutions, social media integrations, live chat support apps, and more than 1,000 other apps.
One of the most unique features offered by Shopify is the ability to manage sales and inventory even off the business website. For example, businesses can add a store directly to their Facebook page or even order a Shopify POS terminal to help manage payments at a brick and mortar store or mobile pop up shop. While Shopify is an e-commerce platform above all, the capabilities have a much greater reach.
Along with many of these unique, advanced features come essential features including blogging, promotional coupon code integration, and support for an unlimited number of products. Shopify Payments also makes collecting funds in a number of international currencies simple and affordable.
Who Shopify is best for
Shopify is designed to take the legwork out of launching an e-commerce business. The design tools are user-friendly, and the platform can manage all aspects of a business from inventory to shipping to returns; both online and offline. Businesses can even take advantage of shipping label discounts when printing labels directly through their Shopify account.
For an entrepreneur with no coding experience, no design experience, and limited time to manage the intricacies of operating a retail store; Shopify offers an all-in-one solution.
Shopify offers several tiered plans, each which offers extensive features and support:
- Basic Shopify – This plan offers all essential features for starting an online store at $29 per month. Users have access to 2 staff accounts, 24/7 support, unlimited products, discount codes for promotions, and abandoned cart recovery.
- Shopify – For $79 per month, users enjoy all of the Basic Shopify features with an increase to 5 staff accounts as well as the addition of gift card support and professional analytics reporting.
- Advanced Shopify – At $299 per month, the Advanced Plan introduces even more features including 15 staff accounts, third-party shipping support, greater shipping discounts, and reduced payment processing fees.
Shopify customer support
All Shopify plans include 24/7 support, which is available through phone, email, and live chat. Shopify also offers an intuitive search tool where users can get help with specific topics. Plus, there is a trending topics section that covers the hot button issues other users are experiencing. The Shopify Help Center also includes high-quality YouTube videos to walk businesses through some of the most common questions.
- 14-day free trial period
- Exceptional third-party app support
- Extend sales beyond web store to include social media platforms like Facebook
- Charges additional fees if not using Shopify Payments integration
- Plans don’t offer unlimited staff accounts
- Overall: 4.4
- Features: 4.5
- Price: 4
- Ease of Use: 4.5
- Customer Service: 4.5