GoDaddy is best known as a domain name provider but that didn’t stop them from entering the website building market. With GoDaddy Website Builder, GoDaddy offers one of the most user-friendly website building tools available on the market. Using just a few clicks, users can select from existing templates and begin adding their content. This simple process means that users can have a professional website launched in minutes.
Despite the simple setup process, businesses still can add tools that may be essential to promoting their products and services. This includes adding a blog, accepting online payments using Square, and offering shipping solutions as part of the checkout process. GoDaddy also puts a heavy emphasis on the included marketing tools like advanced analytics, SEO planning, email marketing, and the ability to manage a Facebook page through one simple interface.
Check out our roundup of the Best Website Builders
Who GoDaddy is best for
GoDaddy Website Builder has been designed with beginner users in mind. The very streamlined process takes users from step 1 to launching their website very quickly. This emphasis on simplicity may leave advanced users looking for more as the templates lack customizability.
E-commerce businesses can quickly and easily launch an online store using GoDaddy’s e-commerce integrations but there are some limitations. For example, GoDaddy does not offer the ability to add an unlimited number of products, and payment processing is done through PayPal or Square only rather offering a wider range of payment solutions.
Businesses can try all GoDaddy Website Builder plans for free without a credit card before making a commitment.
- Personal – At $5.99/month, the Personal Plan allows users to launch a basic website with web hosting, mobile and desktop compatibility, 24/7 support, the ability to add a blog, and SSL security.
- Business – This plan adds SEO tools and PayPal payment integration on top of all the features included in the Personal Plan, for $9.99/month.
- Business Plus – For $14.99/month, Business Plus includes all regular Business Plan features, plus marketing tools for email, social media, and Google. Users can also add client management tools including appointment bookings and start accepting payments through Square.
- Online Store – For $29.99/month, this plan introduces a custom store checkout process, inventory management, shipping calculation, discount, and promotion support, and abandoned cart recovery.
GoDaddy customer support
GoDaddy offers a detailed support page with common help topics. There is also phone and email support available for all paid plan subscribers. Because GoDaddy offers a wide range of products beyond just the website builder tool, there are a lot of support subjects that may be irrelevant to some users and navigating the menus may not be clear or simple. There is also a lack of more advanced support features like workshop classes for new users.
- Existing templates allow users to design and launch a website very fast
- Affordable plans with free trials
- Very user-friendly web designer
- Lacks customizability options
- Advanced users may find tools to be too basic