Gator Website Builder is an all-in-one website builder from HostGator, which is one of the top web hosting providers in the industry. For users who want web hosting and web design support all in one place, Gator Website Builder is a viable option worthy of consideration.
The drag-and-drop interface makes it easy for even the most inexperienced users to build a website. And with over 200 mobile-friendly templates to choose from, businesses can build professional websites that are responsive across all platforms.
Gator Website Builder includes basic tools like analytics for monitoring website traffic, social media tools for linking to business profiles, and even the ability to link G-Suite products like Google Drive or Gmail. E-commerce features are also available.
Check out our roundup of the Best Website Builders
- Drag and drop editor is user-friendly
- Competitive pricing when compared to other options
- A variety of plans to choose from based on need
- Limited functionality in some areas
- No trial period
- Very basic blogging platform
Who Gator is best for
Gator Website Builder is a friendly tool that combines HostGator’s web hosting experience with a website-building tool that even the most inexperienced users can feel comfortable using.
Hiring a professional web designer can cost thousands of dollars. Designing a website from scratch and installing it on a web hosting server is time-consuming and difficult. Gator Website Builder bridges the gap for beginners that need to quickly launch a professional business website on a budget.
Gator Website Builder offers a very simple selection of plans for users to choose from. Unfortunately, no free plans are available, but their paid options are competitive.
- Starter – This plan is $3.84/ month, and includes web hosting, a domain name, access to the Gator Website Builder, analytics, a free SSL certificate, and basic support
- Premium – For $5.99/ month, this plan includes all Starter features, plus access to priority support
- eCommerce – For $9.22/ month, this plan includes all Premium features, plus eCommerce functionality, which is ideal for businesses that plan to sell inventory online.
E-commerce integration includes advanced features like inventory management and downloadable digital products up to 1GB, which is perfect for businesses that don’t sell physical products.
Gator customer service
Every Gator Website Builder plan includes year-round customer support via live chat, email, and phone. Priority support that vaults users to the top of the support queue is only available on Premium and higher plans, however. The forum in the support center is active with both user and staff contributions, which is convenient for troubleshooting issues on the fly.