Fiverr is a platform for buyers and sellers to trade goods and services, and is the most widely used micro-gig platform. Buyers may get work done for as low as $5 for a one-off, short-term project. Access to this comprehensive directory of professionals providing creative services in different niches is totally free.
Fiverr only charges buyers once they pay for services rendered or goods bought. It supports four different payment methods and multiple currencies. It provides payment protection, as well as a secure payment gateway, and client confidentiality is also maintained.
Fiverr is ideal for businesses and individuals looking for quick project completion and quality work at throwaway prices.
Check out our roundup of the Best Sites to Hire Freelancers Online
Unlike other freelance job outsourcing platforms, Fiverr does not offer any specific pricing packages for buyers or sellers. Instead sellers – freelancers in this case – are free to offer customized price structures for the services they offer.
Buyers can sign up, navigate projects in 8 different categories with various sub-categories, and communicate with freelancers – all free of cost. They can either choose to pay the freelancer’s asking price or negotiate a customized price based on their project requirements.
All purchases up to $40 incur a service charge of $2. A standard 5% fee is assessed on purchases above $40.
Fiverr customer support
Although Fiverr provides phone, chat, and email support, support is biased towards freelancers. Customer service representatives aren’t always well-informed about the Terms and Conditions, nor very responsive., so buyers must be extra careful to avoid being scammed.
Fiverr has a decent UI and exhaustive search features to filter in the right freelancers. Buyers can also view a freelancer’s complete work history, along with reviews, ratings, and project cancellations. Unfortunately, the number of gigs on offer is always increasing, which results in a bloated directory of gigs and freelancers that can be extremely time-consuming to sort through. Signing up and posting gigs is free, so scammers also love to troll the site. And an unreliable rating system compounds the issue of trustworthiness.
- Minimal service charges in comparison to other freelance platforms.
- Tiered pricing packages by freelancers offer professional services at affordable price points, which is typically a great value for money.
- Access to Fiverr Pro sellers at no additional costs. These are professionals vetted for their services by the Fiverr team who have great reviews and recommendations.
- Buyers have the option to get a refund if they find the work unsatisfactory, in exchange for giving the seller a five-star review. This skews the rating system
- It’s like a directory of freelance professionals. Although freelancers are listed under different categories and can be further sorted by reviews, ratings, and the number of jobs completed, the process of finding the right candidate for projects can be cumbersome.
- Top talent is highly sought after, so turnaround times can be slow.
- Overall Rating: 3.75
- Features: 4
- Price: 4.5
- Ease of Use: 4
- Customer Service: 2.5