BigCommerce provides e-commerce businesses with all the tools they need to build a professional website without the massive price tag associated with hiring a 3rd party web developer. Plus, in addition to the website builder and e-commerce tools, BigCommerce connects users to experts that can help businesses succeed even faster.
The BigCommerce platform was designed specifically for e-commerce businesses and offers functionality like custom branded checkout processes, coupon integration to support sales and promotions, and merchandising tools to manage inventory and shipments. The platform also offers digital wallet support for Apple Pay, Amazon Pay, and more.
And, for businesses that sell to customers around the world, international currencies are supported with payouts made in local currencies.
Who BigCommerce best for
BigCommerce is for businesses that sell products online. The platform makes it easy for inexperienced users to launch their own online store with all of the tools and functionality that a successful e-commerce store needs.
One nice feature about BigCommerce is that personalized support is available from in-house experts to help online businesses grow. This includes everything from launch services to long-term success planning with a dedicated account manager. This level of support goes well beyond basic customer service.
A 15-day trial is available to test things out. Monthly and annual plans are available thereafter. As users step up through the plans, more and more features become available.
- Standard – For $29.95/month, users will enjoy unlimited storage, staff accounts and bandwidth, 0% transaction fees, branding tools, social media integration, international payment support, digital wallet support, shipping label printing, and inventory tracking.
- Plus – For $79.95/month, this plan includes all Standard features, plus the ability to store credit cards, save abandoned carts, and create unique customer groups for future marketing and promotional efforts.
- Pro – This plan includes everything in the Plus plan, as well as custom SSL, product filtering search, and Google customer reviews. It costs $249.95/month.
There is an Enterprise plan available as well. Pricing is custom and depends on the unique needs of the business in question.
BigCommerce customer support
BigCommerce has a vast database for troubleshooting, and additional support services from in-house experts are also available. These in-house experts are just one of the many ways that BigCommerce is different than many popular website builders. With a niche focus on supporting e-commerce businesses, BigCommerce offers very specific and tailored advice that’s directly designed for businesses looking to build and grow online sales.
- Dedicated e-commerce platform for online businesses
- An exceptional suite of tools and stats
- A free trial is available
- Plenty of support for growing businesses
- Can conduct business anywhere in the world, and get paid in local currency
- Costly in comparison to other options
- Pricing for enterprise features and support is not transparent
- Overall: 4.4
- Features: 5
- Price: 3.5
- Ease of use: 4
- Customer service: 5