Do you have a job opening at your business? These days, most job ads go online or on job boards. There are many, many sites where you can post a job. Which ones are best? Each site has pros and cons, so it can be hard to choose. To help, this article will provide some great tips on where to post your ads, steps to follow to get the post online, and best practices to find top talent.
What makes a good job post?
A good job post is well organized and detailed. It should include the position, location, salary range, hours required per week, and company name. In addition to these basic pieces of information, it’s a good idea to also include:
- Contacts. Be sure to include a phone number or email so applicants can reach out directly with questions about the job. You might consider opening a dedicated email address for this purpose, just to keep things organized and your main inbox uncluttered.
- The business’s website. The company’s website should be included in the post, or at least provide a link where applicants can find more information about your business. Your social media accounts are also helpful so job seekers can follow updates on job opportunities within your company.
- Specifics. If you need a specific candidate for the job, as most businesses do, be sure to state job requirements in the listing. It might also be appropriate to include any preferred qualifications such as education level, experience, daily tasks, evaluations, and who the employee will report to. The more specific the ad is, the better the pool of applicants will be.
- The right tone. The job description doesn’t have to be dry and boring. You can liven it up a bit. It’s okay to add a dash of humor or even be a little edgy with your post. Of course, the tone should match the company and its culture, but showing personality will likely draw more candidates.
- The hiring process. What will the application process and hiring process look like? Do you plan to do phone interviews first followed by an in-person interview? Will the candidate be interviewed by one person or is there a panel of people that will be asking questions? It’s a good idea to briefly describe what the process is so prospective employees know what to expect.
How to post a job on ZipRecruiter
ZipRecruiter is rated at the top hiring site, so this is a great place to start. Here’s how:
- Visit the ZipRecruiter.com.
- Once there, click on the “Post a Job” button and then, “Post a Job for free.”
- You’ll need to create an account.
- Next, you’ll answer a few questions about your company.
- Next, you’ll fill in your credit card details, which then allows you to create an employer account.
- What follows is creating your job post by entering the job’s details to find the ideal candidate.
- Final step – click the “Post My Job Button” to post your job on ZipRecruiter.
How to post a job on Facebook
Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms. Nearly half the world’s population has a Facebook page, which makes it another interesting place to find potential candidates for your company. Assuming you have a setup and active Facebook business page, here is how you can post a job on Facebook:
- Log in to your Facebook business page.
- On the business page, click the “Post a Job” button.
- A new window will pop up – called the Employer page. This is where you’ll fill out all the necessary information concerning your job post before publishing it on the platform.
- This is the final step and you’ll click “Publish the Job Post” to make your job listing on the platform live for prospective candidates.
How to post a job on Indeed
Indeed is a popular job-finding website with millions of unique visitors every month. If you are looking for employees there, below is how you can create a job post on Indeed:
- Visit their employer homepage (indeed.com/hire), and click on the “Post a Job” button.
- Create your employer account by indicating your full names and contact info.
- Fill in your job details, including the job title, salary, and location, among other relevant information.
- Either paste your job description on this tab or write it from scratch. Be sure to format your job description for easy readability.
- Add any screening questions for qualified candidates to answer. This may be their certifications, experience, or skill set.
- You are ready to publish, but you are also given the option of sponsoring your job listing for improved visibility in this final step.
How to post a job on LinkedIn
LinkedIn offers free job postings. Here’s how to start finding quality candidates:
- At the top of your LinkedIn homepage, click the toolbox and click on the “Job” icon.
- You’ll see a small box pop up, like this:
- You’ll continue to create the job listing by filling in job details.
- Review the screening questions that you’d like applicants to answer.
- Post the job for free or promote it on the platform at a cost.
How to post a job on Glassdoor
Here is how you can post your job listing on Glassdoor in a few easy steps after signing up:
- On their website, click on “Get Started.”
- Next, you have to enter your job description.
- Follow the prompts to complete the job ad.
- Next, you’ll allocate hiring managers to your job opening.
- Finally, click the “Publish” button and make your job opening live in Glassdoor.
How to post a job on Craigslist
The following steps are applicable for posting a job on Craigslist – assuming you already have a free account with them. If not, please create one and follow the following steps on how to post a job on Craigslist:
- Select your job post’s location.
- While on the location’s page, click the “Post Classifieds” button/link.
- Select “Job Offered” from the given options.
- Match your job description with a relevant category.
- The next step requires you to enter all the necessary fields of the position you are posting.
- Review your job post description before submitting and publishing it on Craigslist.
How to post a job on Monster
Last on the list is Monster, another job-finding search engine capable of helping you acquire great candidates for any of your job opening roles. Here’s how you can post jobs on the Monster website:
- Create an account on their site by filling in the required fields concerning your company. If you already have an account with them, then log in.
- Next, click on “Post a job for free” to get started.
- Select the number of jobs you desire to post and their display duration, they usually offer a 30-60-day duration for job listings.
- Fill out the details in the window that appears, like this:
- Specify the number of Monster ads you desire to buy, and click “Buy Now” to pick your plan.
- Publish your job listing and wait for job applications to come in.
Monster is a paid job-posting search engine, so you will have to choose from different plans before posting your job ad.
There you have it. A complete guide on how to post a job online on seven different platforms – all with great opportunities to fill your company’s open positions. The job sites are an important tool to find the right candidates, but the process really starts with a strong job ad. Be sure to create a list of duties and daily tasks so the job description is detailed and helpful to those on a job search.