Salesforce Service Cloud is a customer service and support platform that helps businesses achieve faster and reliable case resolutions. The helpdesk platform provides a 360-degree view of customers so that support teams are able to resolve issues, and subsequently increase customer satisfaction.
The cloud-based software consists of a comprehensive suite of automation tools that enhances customer service across all channels. The Service Cloud reporting module provides front-line managers with the capability to oversee critical business metrics through real-time dashboards that are readily accessible on PCs, phones, and tablets.
The platform also offers a communities tool, which provides customers with self-service options, as well as a knowledge base.
Who Salesforce Service Cloud is best for
Service Cloud is an efficient and affordable platform for businesses ranging in size from individual freelancers to large enterprises. It enables companies to streamline customer support operations through automation with macros, Computer Telephony Integration (CTI), and by using a unified customer record.
Service Cloud also offers functionalities that are beyond basic customer support operations and dedicated tools for enhancing marketing and customer interactions.
Salesforce Service Cloud pricing
The Service Cloud by Salesforce comes in four different pricing plans:
- Salesforce Essentials – This plan includes out-of-the-box service solutions for up to 10 users, and costs $25/month per user. It’s perfect for freelancers, startups and small businesses.
- Lightning Professional – This plan includes all the features of Salesforce Essentials, plus a CRM, and integration with a variety of 3rd party apps. It clocks in at $75/month per user and is only billed annually.
- Lightning Enterprise – This plan is for companies that need features like a customizable CRM and advanced reporting functionality. It costs $150/month per user and is only billed annually.
- Lightning Unlimited – This plan offers unlimited CRM potential for large-scale enterprises, as well as Advanced Case Management and sandboxes for development and testing. It costs $300/month per user and is also only available in an annual billing option.
Salesforce customer support
Service Cloud provides a dedicated customer support system, which includes:
- 24/7 customer support
- Dedicated service tools for customers to get answers as quickly as possible
- Access to the Lightning Service Console, which provides a 360-degree view of customer information
- Efficient case management to ensure easy and quick resolution of cases
- Omni-channel routing to automatically deliver matching cases to agents with the best skill set
- Automation with macros to resolve customer issues more effectively
- User-friendly interface, easy to use and navigate
- Allows customers to create and manage their own tickets
- Efficient search and case management
- Automated, immediate resolutions
- Free trials are available
- Software gets buggy when integrated with other apps
- Unhelpful email-based customer system
- Overall Rating: 4.3
- Features: 4.6
- Price: 3.8
- Ease of Use: 4.4
- Customer Service: 4.7