Harbor Compliance was founded in 2012, which makes it one of the newer companies on the list. However, in that time, they have served more than 25,000 different organizations. The company’s demonstrable success for both corporate and nonprofit clients has led to unprecedented expansion in recent years. Not only by adding industry experts to their staff but also by bolstering its service and software offerings to meet the evolving needs of large national organizations.
Harbor Compliance is one of our top providers of registered agent services. They have local offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. With their network of local offices and electronic document delivery, they help ensure your business never misses a legal notification.
One way this company stands out is through its software. All clients of Harbor Compliance’s registered agent service, regardless of size, gain access to its proprietary Entity Manager software. The software is designed to help organizations immediately see where they are registered to do business and keep track of key annual report deadlines.
With nationwide services, Harbor Compliance is a great fit for organizations that register in multiple states, but also for those not looking to pay excessive service fees.
Check out our roundup of the Best Registered Agent Services
- Comprehensive Services and Software: In addition to registered agent service, Harbor Compliance offers comprehensive filing services ranging from nonprofit and business formation to annual business license applications across a number of industries. While these services are not specifically included with the registered agent offering, the company is able to assist on as comprehensive a basis as your organization needs. Harbor Compliance has also built software to help their clients manage their entity, tax, and license registrations, which they include with many of their filing services and separately as a service.
- Nationwide Presence: With offices nationwide, Harbor Compliance provides registered agent service in any state where you need to form or register your organization. As your organization grows, there’s no need to search for another vendor.
- Price: At $99 per state annually, Harbor Compliance isn’t the cheapest option, but they’re not even close to the most expensive, either. For organizations that want the added value of technology and customer service, the rate is well worth it.
Harbor Compliance’s registered agent service has a number of key features right on their website:
- Registered agent offices in all 50 states, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico
- Immediate online access to registered agent address
- Same-day electronic delivery of your documents
- Annual fees from $89 to $99 per state with no additional charges
Additionally, all clients receive access to a secure Client Portal and Entity Manager software to help them track their company registrations and maintain good standing. Since Harbor Compliance serves multi-state organizations, Entity Manager is an important and unique component of their offering.
Harbor Compliance registered agent pricing is straightforward and easy to understand. Their rate for a year of service is $99 per state with no hidden fees.
Even better, Harbor Compliance offers 5-10% discounts when you purchase multiple years of service online. They also support larger companies with books of business and invite you to contact them to discuss consolidation.
Overall, Harbor Compliance’s price for registered agent service sits in the middle of our list. While some companies advertise lower prices, Harbor Compliance offsets cost differences through flat-rate pricing, purpose-built software, and personalized customer service.
Harbor Compliance is known for its customer support. Calling or emailing the company gets a near-immediate response. Once you become a client, you have direct access to a Help Center and a dedicated account representative to assist with filing needs or support questions.
Overall, we recommend Harbor Compliance for their fairly priced registered agent services, breadth of services and software, and excellent customer support.