Freshdesk is an intuitive, cloud-based customer service software designed by Freshworks to help businesses of all sizes deliver exceptional customer support. The software is equipped with best-in-class features for streamlining customer interactions across all support channels including phone, email, chat, and social media.
Freshdesk provides smart automation tools to simplify support, integrated game mechanics to boost agent productivity, and robust multichannel capabilities to broaden user’s reach. The award-winning platform presents customer-facing features, such as self-service portals and knowledge base, which help businesses strengthen customer support efforts. In addition, the software offers complete customization capabilities that enable users to personalize workflows and manage escalations with ease.
Who Freshdesk best for
Freshdesk is an affordable customer support software architected for small and mid-sized businesses that require an inexpensive, yet fully-functional, helpdesk to deliver seamless customer support. It enables businesses to prioritize, organize, and manage all customers’ requests without increasing their workforce or operational costs.
The platform is also an excellent option for freelancers and startups looking to automate specific repetitive tasks and speed up customer support.
Freshdesk is ideal for businesses in industries including healthcare, education, retail, e-commerce, hospitality, IT, utilities, and insurance.
Freshdesk has a simple pricing structure with 5 unique plans that range in price from $0 to $109 per agent per month. The first three plans (Sprout, Blossom, and Garden) are ideally suited for small businesses. These plans include a suite of tools that enable small businesses to handle customer requests via phone and email.
- Sprout – This is a free plan that’s perfect for small businesses that are just getting started. It offers basic help desk features including email ticketing, team collaboration, knowledge base, social ticketing, and ticket trend report.
- Blossom – Available for $15/agent/month (billed annually), this plan is perfect for small teams that need to deliver customer support proactively. In addition to Sprout Plan features, Blossom includes automation, marketplace apps, collision detection, business hours, helpdesk in-depth, and omnichannel support.
- Garden – Priced at $29/agent/month (billed annually), this plan is best suited for teams that are growing rapidly. It includes all features in the Blossom Plan, plus time tracking, session replays, CSAT surveys, performance reports, and multilingual knowledge base.
In addition, Freshdesk provides enterprise plans for large enterprises. The options include Estate Plan which is priced at $49/agent/month (billed annually). The Estate Plan includes all features in Garden Plan, plus custom roles, enterprise reporting, portal customization, chatbots, call barging, in-app chat campaigns, and ticket assignment automation.
The Forest Plan, which is priced at $109/agent/month (billed annually), is a premium plan that includes all Freshdesk features.
Freshdesk customer support
Freshdesk’s support is quite extensive, with impressive options to solve users’ problems. Support options available with all the pricing plans include:
- 24/7 email support
- Video tutorials
To access 24/5 phone and chat support, users must upgrade to a paid plan, however. It’s also important to note that Freshdesk’s Phone and chat support is not available on weekends.
- Affordably priced
- Platform is easy to use
- Exceptional customer support
- It’s a feature-rich, comprehensive solution
- Reporting features are lacking
- Customer service not available on weekends
- Overall Rating: 4.5
- Features: 4.8
- Price: 4.2
- Ease Of Use: 4.5
- Customer Service: 4.5