BizFilings is an online service provider that helps business owners register new business entities, and grow existing businesses to their full potential. The service is owned by Wolters Kluwer, a Dutch company with decades of experience in the business intelligence and compliance industries. BizFilings essentially serves as a middle-man between you and your state’s business agency, helping you fill out all the necessary paperwork quickly and accurately. Our full BizFilings review below will go over everything you need to know about this popular service.
BizFilings is an online service provider for small businesses. As the name suggests, the company helps you with all business filing requirements. Everything is handled online, through BizFilings’ intuitive platform.
The primary focus of BizFilings is on new business formation. With the service, you can form:
- Nonprofit corporations
- Limited partnerships
- And more
BizFilings has resources to help you choose the right business structure for your situation, as well. Their pricing structure is simple and transparent, allowing you to form a new business in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
Beyond the initial formation, BizFilings also helps you grow and manage your business. They offer a variety of ongoing services, such as:
- Registered Agent service
- Managed Annual Report service
- Federal Tax ID (EIN) attainment
- Business conversion, amendment or reinstatement
- Attainment of Certified Documents
- Much more
In short, BizFilings can serve as a valuable partner for your business – from day one of founding your company, to many years after the fact.
Check out our roundup of the Best Online Incorporation Services
BizFilings pros & cons
As with any comparable service, there are both advantages and disadvantages to consider when it comes to working with BizFilings.
- Helps you form a new business quickly and easily
- Substantial ongoing benefits for business management
- Offers LLC, corporation, nonprofit, sole proprietorship, partnership, and other business structures
- One of very few business formation services to offer limited partnerships and limited liability partnerships
- Competitive and transparent pricing
- Choice of packages or ala carte services
- Compliant with requirements in all US states
- State registration fees charged separately
BizFilings features & services
BizFilings has resources, tools, and services to help with just about every aspect of starting and running a business. They basically serve as a middle-man between you and various state and federal agencies and help to make a convoluted process as simple as possible. Overall, we can break down BizFilings’ features into two categories: Business Formation, and Business Management.
Business formation features
BizFilings can help you form a new business or nonprofit in any state in the US. Here are some key services for new businesses:
- Form a new corporation (C-corp, B-corp, S-corp)
- Form a new limited liability company (LLC)
- Form a nonprofit corporation
- Form a limited partnership (LP) or limited liability partnership (LLP)
- Compatible with state and federal regulations in all states
- The registration process is handled completely online
- A fast and efficient registration process
- Find the right business name with a Business Name Availability Search
- Get copies of all key formation documents
From start to finish, BizFilings can help with every aspect of the business formation process. They help you find an available name, guide you through the filing of all necessary forms, and work with your state agency to ensure compliance. You’ll have your choice of corporation or LLC formation packages to pick the plan that’s right for you.
Business growth features
Once your business is formed, BizFilings can help with ongoing business needs, such as:
- Registered Agent services
- Managed Annual Report filing
- BizComply service for ongoing business compliance
- Business license & permit research
- Obtaining ownership certificates, articles of incorporation, and more
- Obtaining tax IDs (EINs) and state tax IDs
- Obtaining Doing Business As (DBA) names
- Obtaining Certificate of Good Standing and other corporate/LLC forms
- Foreign qualification filing
- Dissolution, amendment, conversion, and reinstatement services
- Legal advice and legal services recommendations
- Much more
BizFilings offers just about everything you could want in terms of business registration, legal, and compliance needs. The wide range of additional services from BizFilings means that the service is useful for business at every stage, from start up to Fortune 500.
BizFilings offers three different business formation packages and application processing services. In addition to these plans, a variety of incorporation services and ongoing compliance services are available at different price points.
|Basic Package||Standard Package||Complete Package|
|Price||$99 + state fees||$229 + state fees||$359-$434 + state fees*|
|Best For||The Basic package is best for those who wish to form a business in the most cost-effective manner possible. It helps you complete all the necessary steps to form a new business, with basic features.||The Standard package is best for those who want additional business compliance services. This package helps you form a business, and keep it compliant with state & federal requirements.||The Complete package is best for those who want the fastest possible processing, as well as extras like Employer Identification Number obtainment. It also includes Certified Copies of relevant documents.|
*Pricing and features for the Complete package varies depending on state requirements. Pricing for some plans varies depending on the business type.
In addition to the services included in each package, BizFilings offers a variety of add-on services. For example, you can opt for Rush filing, sales tax registration, payroll tax registration, payroll services, and more, for additional costs.
Keep in mind that state filing fees are not included in BizFilings’ pricing. State fees are charged on top of the $99/$229/$434 package fees from BizFilings. These fees go directly to the state agency that you are filing with, to cover their costs and set expenses.
These fees vary substantially by state and by business structure. For example, forming an LLC in Washington state will cost $280, $160 in New York, and only $79 in Florida. You will get a preview of state fees during the checkout process so that you can know the full cost with BizFilings fees and state registration costs. Turnaround times will also vary, depending on the state.
For an additional fee, you may be able to pay for expedited processing with your state agency. For example, Florida residents can pay $139 extra for 48-hour Rush Processing to get their documents faster.
Overall, pricing for BizFilings is competitive with similar services like ZenBusiness, Incfile, LegalZoom, etc.
In addition to business formation, Bizfilings.com offers an array of ongoing business management services. Each service is priced individually. Here are a few examples:
- Registered Agent service – $199/year (discounted if purchased with other services)
- Managed Annual Report service – pricing varies, call for quote
- Amendment filing – $149 + state fees
- Doing Business As names (DBA) – $99 + state fees
BizFilings offers excellent customer support via phone, email, and online chat. Their representatives can help guide you through the business registration process, and resolve any issues you may encounter. The company provides ongoing support for small business owners, as well as a variety of ongoing services to help you grow your company.
Many BizFilings customer reviews mention good experiences with the support team, and the company has earned an A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau (BBB), as well as great ratings at Trustpilot and other online ranking sites.
BizFilings review: Our verdict
Overall, BizFilings is an excellent partner to choose for your business. Whether you’re just getting started or you’re an experienced entrepreneur, the tools that BizFilings offer can help save you a lot of time and hassle.
BizFilings makes the process of registering a new business simple and efficient. It frees up your time to focus on what matters most: Actually running your business!
Plus, the competitive pricing, wide array of services, and knowledgeable customer support offered make BizFilings one of the best LLC formation services out there. Plus, support for nonprofits, partnerships and more means that this service is useful for a huge variety of business owners.