Zoom is a video conferencing platform that comes jam-packed with features to help businesses conduct meetings, host webinars, and collaborate. Everything a business needs for their video conferencing needs is offered in one complete package.
At its basic level, Zoom is a cloud-based platform that allows users to host and join video conferences from any device, anywhere. Users can watch, listen, share, and collaborate with HD audio and voice services. Zoom makes organizing a meeting simple with Google Calendar, Outlook, and iCal integration.
In addition to basic video conferencing, Zoom offers advanced features that allow users to take complete control. Recordings can be stored locally or in the cloud with a search feature that easily allows businesses to recall previous meetings. App integrations for services like Zendesk and personal assistant bots are also available.
For businesses that want a complete solution to address all their communication needs, Zoom also provides a cloud-based telecommunications system. Businesses can manage their phone system from a central location. Users can do business anywhere using the Zoom mobile app, a traditional phone system, or their web-based app. This brings services like voicemail, call recording, and call-routing to whichever device is used.
Check out our roundup of the Best Video Conference Software
Who Zoom is best for
Zoom should be especially attractive to businesses that need a complete communications system from video conferencing to traditional voice calling. Bringing all of these services into one simple price plan means that small and medium businesses on a budget can get enterprise quality services without breaking the bank.
Zoom offers four clear price points for businesses to choose from.
- Basic: This free plan allows up to 100 participants to participate in up to 40 minutes of group meetings. There are unlimited 1-on-1 meetings, online support, and a wide range of video conferencing features.
- Pro: For $14.99 per month, per host, businesses increase their meeting length limit to 1 hour and get access to some advanced features like user management, admin feature controls, reporting, and custom meeting IDs.
- Business: At $19.99 per month, per host (10 host minimum), businesses get dedicated phone support, a vanity URL, on-premise deployment, managed domains, single sign-on capability, company branding, and custom emails.
- Enterprise: This plan also comes in at $19.99 per host but requires 50 host minimum. It increases participants to 1,000 and introduces unlimited cloud storage. Businesses also get a dedicated account manager, business reviews, and exclusive bundle discounts.
Zoom customer support
Zoom offers a wealth of information to users through their support center. This includes articles that cover a range of topics and short videos to help with onboarding. As businesses step up through the pricing plans they can also enjoy higher levels of support from Zoom including personalized account management, dedicated phone support, and live chat support.
- Free plan available
- Dozens of app integrations offered
- Scalable for growing businesses
- Some security features lacking
- Only the top tier plan offers increased participants
- Overall: 4.75
- Features: 5
- Pricing: 5
- Ease of Use: 4.5
- Customer Service: 4.5