SendinBlue is an email marketing platform that also provides marketing automation. Unlike other marketing platforms that offer multichannel marketing features, SendinBlue offers niche email, SMS, and IP marketing services. A gallery of responsive email templates and a built-in HTML editor make creating new campaigns a breeze. Users can create up to eight automated workflow templates for different occasions like ‘cart abandonment reminders.’ ‘welcome emails,’ ‘birthday wishes,’ and more. Templates can be customized and messages personalized in accordance with all of your marketing requirements.
Since the number of marketing channels are limited, its services are offered at very low prices. This platform is designed for businesses operating at shoestring budgets. In fact, you can use the software for free with limited features, and gain expertise in email and mobile marketing.
Check out our roundup of Best Marketing Automation Software
SendinBlue’s USP is the marketing automation workflow it offers for ‘Transactional Emails’ and ‘SMS messages.’ Users can create professional email marketing campaigns without spending a penny.
Other notable features include:
- Dynamic List Creation – Ability to segment contacts, update lists on the go, and use search filters to customize contact lists.
- ‘Heat Maps’ to track user engagement and improve campaigns based on previous campaigns performance data.
- An advanced Algorithm can select the optimal time to send emails, track opened emails, and also facilitate smart scheduling.
SendinBlue allows free signup and account creation with limited features that suffice for beginner marketers.
Paid plans come in 4 packages for email marketing, country-specific prices for bulk SMS marketing, and $145/year for a dedicated IP.
Paid emails marketing plans are as follows:
- Lite – $25/month for 40,000 emails, which is a budget-friendly plan for marketing beginners
- Essential – $39/month for 60,000 emails and ideal for businesses looking to scale up
- Premium – $66/month for 120,000 emails, or, $173/month for 350,000 emails
- Enterprise plans are also available and customized based on need.
SendinBlue customer support
There’s no live chat support available, and social media support is restricted to paid customers. The customer support team is knowledgeable, however, and responds quickly via email. Customer engagement is high and issues are resolved within record time, even for non-premium accounts.
- Cost effective pricing gives true value for money
- Advanced features like personalization are offered, even in free accounts
- There are options to integrate with other e-commerce platforms and web-hosting services with ease
- Clients need to move to other platforms to access other marketing channels like social media
- There’s a complex and glitchy interface that’s prone to data loss if campaigns aren’t saved frequently
- Deliverability rates are not up to industry standards
- The algorithm chooses a random cross-section of contacts from your list to send emails to instead of including all contacts
- Overall: 3.75
- Features: 3.5
- Price: 4.5
- Ease of Use: 3
- Customer Service: 4