Hootsuite is one of the most well-known social media management tools available. Businesses can use the Hootsuite dashboard to automatically schedule social media updates for their accounts on a variety of platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Linked-In, Pinterest, and dozens more.
What makes Hootsuite a powerful tool is that it packs in more than just content management. More than 250 app integrations offer additional functionality like stock photos, form building, blog integration, and more. Users can also manage their social media advertising campaigns right from the dashboard.
The analytics are powerful but easy to understand with clear charts that help social media managers assess the effectiveness of their content. These analytics show engagement from fans, how long it took for the first response to come in, how many mentions the account has received, and much more.
Check out our roundup of the Best Social Media Management Tools
Who Hootsuite is best for
Hootsuite is a powerful tool designed for marketing professionals that oversee a number of social media channels. Large businesses with multiple employees or contributors can bring all content management into one place. In addition, Hootsuite simplifies management for agencies that may need to monitor and manage a number of different client accounts all at once.
For smaller businesses with only a handful of social media accounts to manage, Hootsuite may prove to be a valuable tool but it is clearly aimed at those who have a large number of accounts and require access to detailed analytics.
Users can try out any Hootsuite plan free for 30-days before paying for the plan that meets their needs.
- Professional – For $29 per month, Hootsuite allows one user to manage up to 10 social media profiles. This includes post scheduling, analytics, and limits ad campaign spending to $500 per month.
- Team – At $129 per month, 3 users can manage a list of 20 social media profiles. This also adds team assignments, custom analytics, exportable reports, and increases the ad spend limit to $2000.
- Business – 10 users can manage 35 social media profiles for $599 per month. This plan adds approval workflows, 1-on-1 onboarding, social media certifications, 24/7 support, and an increase to ad spending up to $5000.
- Enterprise – This plan is only available by custom quote and is designed to meet the unique needs of businesses.
Hootsuite customer support
The Hootsuite help center includes a number of articles as well as a searchable database of information. There are dedicated articles for onboarding, adding new social profiles, and publishing content. In addition, there are live and recorded webinars for users to learn from some of the best minds in the social media management world. Only users on the Business plan or higher will have access to 1-on-1 onboarding sessions and 24/7 support, however.
- 30-day free trial
- Supports a wide range of social media platforms
- 250+ app integrations
- 24/7 support only available on higher tier plans
- Lower tier plans only support a limited number of users
- Overall: 4.2
- Features: 5
- Pricing: 3.5
- Ease of Use: 4
- Customer Service: 4