Hangouts Meet is a product from Google that is one part of a greater offering of products called G-Suite. This video and audio-conferencing tool integrates seamlessly into services that users may already be experienced with like Gmail and Google Calendar. Users can create meetings with contacts right from their Gmail inbox or plan a meeting in Google Calendar and send out invites with just a few clicks.
Hangouts Meet offers an easy-to-use interface on both mobile and desktop. Users can use the Hangouts app on iOS or Android to chat with others and, if needed, initiate a video or audio call with just one click. If other users have adopted other video conferencing systems like Skype for Business, they can easily join a Hangouts meeting as well.
Since Hangouts Meet is part of G-Suite, it also includes the many helpful Google products like Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Drive. A paid G-Suite plan allows users to get custom business email addresses for added professionalism, share company calendars for simple organizing, and easily store, transfer, and collaborate on files in Google Drive.
Who Hangouts Meet is best for
Users already familiar with Google products like Gmail may find the transition to a paid G-Suite plan a logical next step. This transition enables the Hangouts Meet features to support HD video and audio conference calls and users also get access to the entire G-Suite in one affordable plan.
Businesses looking for more advanced conferencing features to add to their conference calls and webinars may find that Hangouts falls short of expectations. Features like polls are missing and some advanced features like the recording of meetings and live streaming are only available on the highest tier plan.
Google Hangouts Meet pricing
Users can experiment with Hangouts with a 14-day trial. All prices quoted are per user, per month.
- Basic: For $6 per month, businesses can host Hangouts meetings with up to 25 participants. This also includes access to all G-Suite products like Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Calendar. Drive storage is limited to 30GB.
- Business: At $12 per month, the Business plan steps up participant allowance to 50, increases to unlimited Drive storage, enables the low-code app development environment, allows smart search across G-Suite, and offers greater control of G-Suite features.
- Enterprise: For $25 per month, Hangouts can support up to 100 participants. This also introduces the live streaming feature for up to 100,000 viewers. Users can record meetings and save to Drive.
Google customer support
All paid G-Suite plans offer 24/7 customer support via phone, email, or live chat. Google also offers a help center with articles that cover some of the most common questions or issues users may have. These articles can be helpful for creating a user’s first Hangouts meeting, setting up billing, or taking care of tasks like resetting passwords.
- Included with versatile G-Suite
- Competitive pricing
- Free trial available
- Bundled Google services may not be needed
- Advanced features missing
- Overall: 4.9
- Features: 4.5
- Pricing: 5
- Ease of Use: 4.5
- Customer Service: 4.5