Drip specializes in automating email marketing and helps businesses run marketing campaigns in auto-pilot. It integrates with all popular e-commerce websites like Salesforce, Woocommerce, Paypal, as well as different social media and advertising platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
It is an ideal drip marketing platform for business of all sizes, as well as individuals and freelancers. Competitive pricing for small and medium-sized businesses makes it easy for customers to grasp their email marketing on a shoestring budget.
Drip’s services are customized for email marketing and process automation. It is not a complete marketing solutions software, but what it does offer is top of the line.
Features that make it popular amongst email marketers include:
- Segmented contacts lists for more targeted campaigns. Users only receive relevant emails based on their tracking data, which can substantially improve open rates.
- There’s an interactive automated workflow creation system that helps users create smart email marketing campaigns that require no further manual input
- Additional email capturing tools like embedded forms, popups, and widgets help users grow their contact lists with ease
Drip offers a 14-day free trial before customers must upgrade to one of their paid plans. The Basic and Pro plans, priced at $49/month and $122/month respectively, offer a ton of features including the Drip marketing automation suite, unlimited emails, and 24/7 customer support on live chat. These plans are best suited for freelancers looking for new customers, as well as small and medium businesses that are looking to scale.
The Enterprise Plan is customized as per each specific client’s requirements.
Drip customer support
Drip offers 24/7 live chat support, as well as customer support via email. An active community of users can be found on Facebook as well. The company also maintains a ‘Knowledge Base’ that documents information on Drip’s services, which even has an interactive troubleshooting feature.
Phone support is not provided, and user experience with customer service representatives varies from good to useless.
- Easy integration with a wide variety of shopping cart services, e-commerce platforms, popular leads generation tools, and marketing apps
- Automation services include creating effective marketing funnels, email campaigns, and one-off email blasts
- Great value for money for the Basic and Pro plans
- Email templates customization requires a good working knowledge of HTML, otherwise, you’re stuck with the same basic templates.
- It’s feature rich but making these features work for you is a hassle. For example, incorporating different workflow elements into a campaign is complex and time consuming to learn.
- Tracking user behavior is difficult since feedback reports lack critical details.
- Overall: 4.4
- Features: 5
- Price: 4.5
- Ease of Use: 4
- Customer Service: 4