ActiveCampaign is an integrated marketing automation platform that offers both inbound and outbound marketing solutions.
In addition to automated marketing workflows, it also has built-in CRM and sales channels that can be used in conjunction with digital marketing campaigns.
It goes beyond traditional email, SMS, and social media marketing by enabling businesses in obtaining and retaining customers and growth-hacking existing customers to generate even more leads.
ActiveCampaign is the ideal marketing platform for small businesses that are looking to improve their conversion rates, integrate their marketing and sales channels, and scale their customer base. It also has the bandwidth and tools to serve professional marketers and larger-scale enterprises.
Check out our roundup of Best Marketing Automation Software
ActiveCampaign assists businesses from the first stage of web hosting to customer on-boarding and tracking. Standout features include:
- Attribution – Trace every single step of your customers’ journey and use this data to improve your campaigns
- Lead Scoring – Prioritize marketing leads in accordance with predefined filters to feed your sales channels
- Migration Services – If your sales and marketing tools are located across diverse websites, they’ll help you migrate to their platform free of cost
ActiveCampaign offers a 14-day free trial so you can “try it before you buy it.”
Paid plans are charged according to the number of contacts you have and are billed annually.
For 1,000 contacts, Premium Packages clock in at:
- Lite – $17/month
- Plus – $49/month
- Professional – $129/month
- Enterprise – $229/month
All plans allow unlimited emails to be sent per month. Lite and Plus Plans include useful features for small businesses and are sufficient to manage growing customer databases, while the Professional Plan is best for marketing pros and well-established businesses with more advanced needs.
ActiveCampaign customer support
ActiveCampaign has one of the best customer support teams in the industry. In addition to email and live chat, phone support is also available. They also offer training and have an active community of users who frequently respond to and collaborate with fellow users.
- Integration with over 150 different web platforms
- Very powerful and easy to use marketing automation tools and templates
- Excellent customer service; reliable, prompt, trained, and has domain expertise to resolve all kinds of issues
- Live site tracking to guide users to the content they’re looking for, which drastically reducing bounce rate
- There’s no landing page builder, which is a glaring omission for a platform with such a wide array of features
- Feedback reports lack essential campaign details that would be helpful in streamlining marketing efforts
- Creating emails is a bit cumbersome with outdated templates, and basic coding skills are required to customize layouts
- Other minor glitches like image attachments need to be ironed out
- Overall: 4.35
- Features: 4
- Price: 4.5
- Ease of Use: 4
- Customer Service: 5